Common Symptoms of Skin Conditions
Usually, the most common indicator of a skin problem is the constant itching and scratching. However, there are other symptoms that may not be as obvious. Below is a list of some of the most common symptoms of skin conditions in dogs and cats.
- Reddened skin/rash
- Constant licking or chewing of the paws
- Ulcers, abrasions, crusts
- Oily skin or dandruff
- Circular skin patches
- Excessive shedding/hair loss
- Dry or flaky skin
- Nodules, swellings, masses
- Hot spots (red, inflamed areas)
- Visible parasites
(i.e. fleas and ticks)
If your pet is experiencing any of these symptoms, give us a call at (954) 565-1896 to schedule a dermatology appointment.